Sturgeon River Lodge
Your home away from home is located on the shores of Marchington Lake in the heart of the Canadian wilderness.
If you are looking for the ultimate in privacy, and would like to experience the majestic beauty of the Canadian wilderness on your fishing adventure, Come to Sturgeon River lodge.
Located just above the breathtaking McDougall Falls on Marchington Lake, our lodge offers five fully modern Housekeeping Cabins. We are minutes away from the famous Rock Tunnel, through which you have access to great walleye, northern pike and lake trout fishing on our remote chain of lakes.
Housekeeping Packages are also available at Sturgeon River Lodge. This plan includes a cabin, boat, motor, 5 gallons of gas per day and portage in and out from car to lodge.
Modified American Plan
If you would enjoy an occasional, tasty home-cooked meal, Ghost River Lodge is only ten minutes away. With just a day's notice, you could join us for a tasty home cooked meal. The scenic boat ride is definitely one you won't want to miss after your day's adventure on the water. Modified American Plan is also available from Sturgeon River Lodge upon request.
Equipped For Your Adventure
Boats and Motors
We offer 14' Lund Boats with 15 hp motors for two people and 16' Lund Boats with 20 hp motors for three people, complete with swivel seats and anchors.
If you chose to fish on our outlakes, boats and motors are waiting for you on the other side of the portage. The nice thing about our outlakes is that they are all accessible from lodge by boat, and we do not charge extra for fishing on the outlakes.
Sturgeon River Cabins
Our five fully modern cabins located near the water's edge can comfortably accommodate 2 - 12 people.
Each cabin is well equipped for cooking, featuring a propane stove, utensils, pots & pans, and refrigeration. Flush toilets and showers are provided in all cabins for your comfort and convenience. For a good night's rest, all bed linens and blankets are provided. Oil heat is available for cooler weather.
Select a photo below to take a closer look at our cabins.
Sturgeon River Lodge: Cabin 1
Sturgeon River Lodge: Cabin 2
Sturgeon River Lodge: Cabin 3
Sturgeon River Lodge: Cabin 4
Sturgeon River Lodge: Cabin 5
Sturgeon River Amenities
To follow is a listing of items and amenities that our lodges currently offer for your convenience:
- Hot and cold running water.
- Shower and flush toilet in all cabins.
- Propane stove, electric lights and refrigeration.
- Oil heat for cool evenings.
- Cabins well-equipped for cooking.
- All bed linens and blankets provided (no towels).
- Ice machine and freezer facilities (no charge).
- Shore lunch boxes (includes frying pans, plates, cutlery and cooking utensils only).
- Satellite Internet access and wireless is available in the lodge; not in the cabins.
- Telephone communication.
- 14' and 16' deep and wide Lund boats with late model 15 and 20 HP Yamaha motors equipped with comfy swivel boat seats, landing net, minnow buckets and anchors. All in good condition.
- Licenses and live minnows (leeches pre-ordered by the pound).
- Lots of photograph opportunities.
- Paddle boats and canoes for some fun on the lake.
- Free depth maps of the lake.
- Free fishing direction daily.
- Great customer service.
Northwestern Ontario Fishing Lodge Service
As a family-owned outfitter with years of experience since 1967, service is a priority with us. We take great pride in offering you quality equipment on a top-notch fishery. We take the time to ensure that each day at Ghost River lodge is everything you expect it to be.
We hope to see you soon!
Your Hosts, The Kartinens